*To indicate your need for am/pm transportation, make the selection on your child's record in the parent portal, OneView
Sylvania Schools Transportation
Our goal is to safely and efficiently transport over 8,000 students to 35 area schools in the Sylvania and Greater Toledo area. Over the summer months, we thoroughly clean and inspect over 100 buses in our fleet so they are ready for students in August.
All bus drivers are CDL certified and undergo additional testing on a yearly basis. But it is important that students know and follow bus rules at all times while on the bus to and from school, sporting and extracurricular events. Bus drivers are required to fill out a misconduct form on any student(s) not following the bus rules. Please take the time to go through the Transportation Booklet with your child(ren).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Transportation Department at 419-824-8686.
School Delay/Closing Information:
Check the District website or Facebook page: www.sylvaniaschools.org / Facebook page
Sign up for delay/closing information notices: www.cancellations.com
Tune into any of the following TV stations and/or websites:
WTOL-11 WTVG-13 WNWO-24 FOX-36
Tune into any of the local radio/internet programs
Message for students:
1. Never cross close to the front of the bus – make sure the driver can see you.
2. Never pick up anything you drop close to or under the bus – ask the driver what to do.
3. Never run after a bus or bang on the side.
4. If you must cross the street in front of the bus, follow the driver’s directions, and stop and
look before you cross.
5. Never run across a street, it’s better to miss the bus than rush and risk being hit by a car.
6. Stay away from the rear and sides of the bus – always be in a safe place where the
driver can see you.
Message for the motoring public
1. Never pass a school bus when its stop lights are flashing.
2. Be extra vigilant around school hours – assume a child might run out at any moment.
3. Be courteous to school buses, give them room and let them change lanes when they need to.