Look at the dates/activities on the College Prep Pathway
link in order to stay on track. Each
year has suggestions on tasks you should do to prepare for post high school.
During your senior year, you will be applying for colleges
or pursuing other military/career options.
If you intend on attending college post graduation, review the outline.
Create a calendar of deadlines for yourself. Several of the popular colleges that our
students apply to have an early action deadline of Nov 1 or Dec. 1. This would include getting your
teacher/counselor recommendations submitted by that date. Please allow your teacher and counselor a
minimum of 2 + weeks to write a recommendation for you. Poor planning on your part may result in not
obtaining the recommendation.
College materials will be mailed/uploaded by your counselor.
- It is suggested that applications be submitted by the end of
- However, look for deadlines for special admissions and
scholarships that might be earlier in September or October.
- Submit all of the following to your counselor at one time.
- Counselor’s form and/or credit
form, if required.
- Envelope addressed to the admissions office of the college along
with postage. Do NOT include return address. (Only if transcript cannot be
- Include 1 stamp for every 3 pieces of paper plus 1 for
counselor information. (Transcript & profile)
- Completed Northview Transcript Request form.
- Allow at least one week prior to college's deadline for your
application to be processed at Northview.
- Prepare all materials thoroughly, thoughtfully, and